For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. ( II Timothy 1:7 )
Do you have a fear of heights, or of public speaking? These fears are quite common, but do you have a “spirit of fear?”
What is a “spirit of fear?”
It’s a fear of what might happen next, or of what someone might do. A fear of being alone may cause you to marry the wrong person. A fear of being rejected may cause you to push someone or something good away. God will never bless decisions based on fear; only the ones that are based on faith.
So where does a “spirit of fear” come from? It doesn’t come from God. It’s a manipulation tactic used by Satan to keep you from doing what’s right, to cause you to make bad decisions, and to create dysfunction in your relationships. The Bible says to be aware of the devil in I Peter 5:8: Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
Satan is the enemy; fear is his weapon. We need to disarm the enemy, but how? We can only defeat a spirit of fear with a spirit of faith.
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. ( Ephesians 6:10)
- What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. (Psalms 56:3)
- I will go in the strength of the Lord. (Psalms 71:16)
- I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:13)
- The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? (Psalms 118:6)
I encourage you to let go of fears through prayer, and to make only faith-based decisions.
- With His Stripes We Are Healed (Isaiah 53:5)
- The Gift Of Salvation (Ephesians 2:8-9)